deleting children

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dgsever-p40

deleting children

Post by dgsever-p40 »

I have a member that has a duplicate child listed. I have tried deleting the one that is in error 3 times but it
keeps coming back. How do you permanently delete someone listed that is a mistake?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do they have different membership numbers? Does either of them have a membership number that starts with your unit number? How have you tried to delete them?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dgsever wrote:I have a member that has a duplicate child listed. I have tried deleting the one that is in error 3 times but it keeps coming back. How do you permanently delete someone listed that is a mistake?
The Record-Keeping FAQ says on this topic (page 7):
Question:
How do you delete a duplicate member record in MLS?

Answer:
First print both records. Keep the record that is the most accurate. Record any missing information on the record you are keeping. Then do the following:
  1. Log in to MLS.
  2. On the Membership Records menu, click More.
  3. On the View and Update menu, click More.
  4. On the Other Record Changes menu, click Cancel Record.
  5. Select the member record to cancel from the list that appears. Make sure it is the record you want to cancel.
  6. On the Cancel Member Record screen under Reason for Cancellation, select Duplicate Record. Follow instructions in the online help.
alexmcmurray

Yes, but one question

Post by alexmcmurray »

aebrown wrote:The Record-Keeping FAQ says on this topic (page 7):

All of the above steps worked well for deleting a duplicate child record, but where it says "Correct Member Record Number" and I click on the actual child's name from the Select button, it still won't allow me to delete the record.

So ... how can I dump the wrong name and keep the right name?

Help.

Thank you.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

alexmcmurray wrote:So ... how can I dump the wrong name and keep the right name?
Welcome to the forum, alexmcmurray! It appears none of us know.
I suspect yourself or your stake clerk will end up contacting:
Local Unit Support

When ward clerks and stake clerks cannot resolve a clerk-related issue locally, they should contact Local Unit Support through one of the following methods:
  • Live Support (Hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time))
    • Salt Lake area: 801-240-3500
    • Long Distance: 1-800-453-3860, extension 23500

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”