"send a message" doesn't include myself

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

"send a message" doesn't include myself

Post by sasgrw »

I searched the forum archives and looked at my profile to see if I was missing a setting. I just sent a message to 'all adults members'. My name was listed in the BCC field along with everyone else but I didn't get a copy of the message.

Is there a way to not have yourself filtered out of the message?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did anyone else get the message?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

yes, i checked with several others and they got the message, but i didn't get a copy of it.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

sasgrw wrote:Is there a way to not have yourself filtered out of the message?
Of course, it may be filtered out from either the lds.org system or your own email / spam filtering system. On the lds.org side, the developers may have decided that sending it to the person who originated the message may be an unnecessary use of resources.

On your own email system: Have you checked your spam folder, or do you have spam messages set to be automatically deleted? I know some systems attempt to catch "spoofed" emails by deciding if the "to" email and the "from" email are the same.

Google explains at this link: "Spoofing means faking the return address on outgoing mail to hide the true origin of the message."
While LDS.org is not trying to do this, it may appear similar enough to meet the "spoofing" definition and may cause your own spam filter to flag it.

I know I get calendar notifications of events I created, but have not tried the "Send a Message" to a group that included myself. I hope others post here to see what the community has noticed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”