Cannot seem to access directory to upload

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ringowh

Cannot seem to access directory to upload

Post by ringowh »

Im a ward admin, and the bisjop and ward clerk and I have not been able to get me access to change anything on the directory, except of course, my own info. Can anyone tell me for sure how they can gain me access?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

As a website admin you should be able to manage photos for your ward, but you won't be able to edit any household profiles but your own. Website admins are not authorized to edit membership records, so they don't have that ability in the Directory application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Changing contact information is a clerk function. You'd have to be called as a clerk and recorded as such in MLS to be able to edit anything other then photos in the profiles.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ringowh wrote:Im a ward admin, and the bisjop and ward clerk and I have not been able to get me access to change anything on the directory, except of course, my own info. Can anyone tell me for sure how they can gain me access?
When you say you're a ward admin are you referring to the classic site? If you are referring to the new directory, then you will need to have your clerk add you in as a Website Administrator. Currently you don't have that position in CDOL (which is where it is stored at CHQ from MLS).
ringowh

Post by ringowh »

Sorry if I wasn't too clear. I'm just trying to gain access to add photos, I'm called and set apart but I have no idea what calling mls thinks I have, our clerk has changed things up in there a few times with no success. Ps were talking about the new site.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ringowh wrote:Sorry if I wasn't too clear. I'm just trying to gain access to add photos, I'm called and set apart but I have no idea what calling mls thinks I have, our clerk has changed things up in there a few times with no success. Ps were talking about the new site.
Currently I don't see any callings for you in CDOL, so you will need to get your clerk to enter you in MLS and send/receive so that it will show in CDOL.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:Currently I don't see any callings for you in CDOL, so you will need to get your clerk to enter you in MLS and send/receive so that it will show in CDOL.

The "classic" system allowed one admin to add another. But the current system requires that you be entered into MLS using a standard calling.

After that's done, it may still take a day or so for everything to sync up and for you to get the rights to the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jimhutchings

Ward Administrator

Post by jimhutchings »

I am unable to upload new pictures to the directory. I have been able to in the past, but the system hangs up when I try to upload. It will let me manage the photo's that are there.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”