Can't download new church magazines

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
agsweat

Can't download new church magazines

Post by agsweat »

I am a new User and can't figure out how to get the updated church magazines on my kindle fire. When I click on ensign and 2012, Jan is the only option. There is a refresh arrow at the top, but when I click on that, it says "catalog is up to date." Help, please.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

One of the articles I'd like to post on the LDSTech wiki and blog is what apps are available for the Kindle Fire. Would you or anyone else with a Kindle Fire be interested in either writing or researching this topic?
RonaldF

Post by RonaldF »

agsweat wrote:I am a new User and can't figure out how to get the updated church magazines on my kindle fire. When I click on ensign and 2012, Jan is the only option. There is a refresh arrow at the top, but when I click on that, it says "catalog is up to date." Help, please.
Did you refresh the content index. Its the button on the right side with the circle arrow on it. I downloaded February last night.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

agsweat wrote:There is a refresh arrow at the top, but when I click on that, it says "catalog is up to date." Help, please.

Some users have experienced the issue shown above where the refresh content shows that the catalogue is up to date though it is pretty obvious that it isn't.

First, verify that you have an internet connection when you refresh content. If you do and it still says the content is up to date, you may need to reinstall the app. The database probably has some corruption that ijs causing the app to not recognize when the content is out of date.

We are working hard to prevent this type of issue and future releases should help. If you continue to have issues after you reinstall, please send a bug report from the help menu in the app with a brief description of the problem and we can troubleshoot further.
Jason Hyer
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

LDS Tools is not yet available on the fire but Gospel Library is. Not sure on the other Android Apps.
Jason Hyer
agsweat

reinstall

Post by agsweat »

Thanks for theinput. I reinstalled and the Feb issues are now available.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

jasonhyer wrote:First, verify that you have an internet connection when you refresh content. If you do and it still says the content is up to date, you may need to reinstall the app. The database probably has some corruption that ijs causing the app to not recognize when the content is out of date.
An update to my response above. With changes recently made, an uninstall does not delete the DB which is what is required in most cases to fix this issue. Rather than deleting the app, you should now go to the app settings (in the menu) and use the option to "Delete all content data". This will delete the DB and you will need to reload your content but it will resolve the issue that was caused by DB corruption. As long as you have been syncing annotations, you shouldn't lose any personalized information in the app. When you download content again and sync your annotations, all of your annotations will be restored into the app.
Jason Hyer
reneapete50

Re: Can't download new church magazines

Post by reneapete50 »

I had this problem last month too. My son uninstalled gospel library and installed it again and it hasn't downloaded July 2013. I have tried the refresh catalog button and no go. What do I do? Help!!! Thanks
landr6

Re: Can't download new church magazines

Post by landr6 »

I had the same problem until I updated Gospel Library to the latest version. However now I am experiencing the same problem and there is no update for Andriod 2.2.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”