Scout Trailer

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bronsonc

Scout Trailer

Post by bronsonc »

Is there anything special that i need to know before purchasing a scout trailer for our troop? people have donated the money and it is in the "other account". I havent been able to find any information on this in the handbooks. How should it be regestered and titled
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There was a discussion in the Ward vehicles. The current Handbook hasn't made anything any clearer.

The best advice I can suggest is to check with the priesthood leadership. If the bishop has questions, he can ask the stake president. If the stake president has questions, he can turn to CHQ or the area authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nbarss

Re: Scout Trailer

Post by nbarss »

Each ward in our stake has a scout trailer. In the past each trailer has been registered in the name of the bishop. Although it has not been a problem yet, I can foresee an issue if the Bishop moves away and can no longer transfer title into the new Bishop's name. For this reason we've instructed each ward to register the trailers in the name of the ward, with the Bishop signing as an authorized representative of the ward. This has worked nicely for us in Utah. Also, because it's registered to a non-profit entity, I believe the registration fee is lower.
quandmeme

Re: Scout Trailer

Post by quandmeme »

I just got off the phone with LDS Fleet Services. Now knowing that there is such a thing, I suggest that units call them (via Global Service Center) with questions about vehicles.

The answer for our ward trailer is that it should be titled:

Code: Select all

Corp Pres Bishop Church of Jesus Christ
The address for the notices should be in the unit not headquarters.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”