Spreadsheet for tracking Membership Changes? (Google Doc or Excel?)

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
adoga

Spreadsheet for tracking Membership Changes? (Google Doc or Excel?)

Post by adoga »

I am realizing fast that my calling as assistant clerk--membership is too difficult to keep up with if I don't log what I'm asked to do. I need something to track the changes in the membership records and I am a fan of both Excel and Google Docs.

Does anyone have a Google Doc or an Excel spreadsheet that they wouldn't mind sharing that helps them track at least the following?
  1. Callings (Releases/New Callings)
  2. Moves (In/Out)
  3. New Ordinations & Certificates
  4. Other Membership Record Update Requests (Name Changes, address Updates, etc.)
I'm aware that we have to be careful with what we post online. I'd like something that only tracks the basic info above, not the person's contact info. I can even use a first name last initial if needed or just use it all offline with Excel.

Anything you want to share is greatly appreciated!
ctbarrett

Post by ctbarrett »

Here's what we use and find it very helpful. I saved it as an .xls, but we use it in google docs (spreadsheet). This way all the bishopric can work on it from wherever they are. It has helped tremendously in keeping track of things. I'm the ward clerk and had to come up with a better idea because we were losing track of callings and releases. This works really well.
Copy of Clark%27s Creek Calling Form.xls
(12 KiB) Downloaded 1585 times
adoga wrote:I am realizing fast that my calling as assistant clerk--membership is too difficult to keep up with if I don't log what I'm asked to do. I need something to track the changes in the membership records and I am a fan of both Excel and Google Docs.

Does anyone have a Google Doc or an Excel spreadsheet that they wouldn't mind sharing that helps them track at least the following?
  1. Callings (Releases/New Callings)
  2. Moves (In/Out)
  3. New Ordinations & Certificates
  4. Other Membership Record Update Requests (Name Changes, address Updates, etc.)
I'm aware that we have to be careful with what we post online. I'd like something that only tracks the basic info above, not the person's contact info. I can even use a first name last initial if needed or just use it all offline with Excel.

Anything you want to share is greatly appreciated!
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

Move In/Out are available in MLS as a report for you.

Move In are also available in the online version of MLS.
dwsmith2

Post by dwsmith2 »

I've attached an abbreviated example of the Google doc (in Excel form) we use for tracking callings.
Ward_Callings.xls
(18.5 KiB) Downloaded 1020 times
It's already been mentioned that Move Ins is available fromLeader and Clerk Resources.

As far as membership record update requests, I find it easiest to print out an IOS, have the member mark the changes, put it in my folder of "To Do" stuff, then make the change the next time I'm at the computer (or online for contact information).

For new ordinations and certificates, I don't have any ideas.
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

For ordinations that need to be done the online MLS has a report you can use that will tell you recommended upcoming and past due ordinances.

As for tracking whether the certificate was issued you'll have to come up with your own. We usually just make note of when it was recorded in the computer and the certificate made on the ordinance form used before it is performed that you print out from MLS.
adoga

Post by adoga »

Thanks everyone for sharing! this is all very helpful.
luisloayza

Post by luisloayza »

Hello! I am new at my calling (ward clerk) and new at this site. I was browsing around and found very useful ideas. Thanks everyone!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I realize the thread is older, but may be of value to others still searching. Here is one I dug up from when I was clerk, and have posted it here before in a much older thread. I always hoped to add some programming to automate it more....

The premise is simple, using three categories where tracking is needed: ponder, act, finalize

I'd love to see a similar tool on LDS.org

callings tracking.xls
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 1028 times
[/b]

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”