Ward Calendar Administrators, added by name, cannot be deleted.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BroArtey

Post by BroArtey »

In a rush to give Ward Website Administrator authority, due to a recent change in bishopric, several individuals were given administrator authority (by name) while we waited patiently for the callings to be updated, which would grant administrator roles quid-pro-quo.

It is time to remove the "granted by name" administrators to allow the default callings and authorities to take over. Unfortunately the "delete" (red-x) is not processing the four members given admin by-name.

Suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Is a default administrator the one trying to delete the individuals by name from the administrator list? Only default administrators have the ability to add or delete other administrators.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
AndersonP

Post by AndersonP »

I have this same issue. I am listed as a default admin (Asst. Stake Clerk Tech Spc.) but I am also listed as an admin who was added by name, not by calling. When I click the red x, it just spins and spins. At first I thought it wasn't working because I was trying to delete myself but I also had a counselor in the stake presidency (who is also an admin by calling) try it and it does the same thing for him.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I've been working on this issue in our test environment and have not found a way to reproduce the problem. We are continuing to focus on this issue as one of our top priorities. I'll post an update once we find a solution.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

BroArtey and AndersonP I'd like to get a little more info from you in order to aid my testing. Will each of you send me a private message here on the forum with the information copied from http://lds.org/header? After signing in copy all the information displayed and paste it into a message.
AndersonP

It works now!

Post by AndersonP »

I just tried it at about 4:35 p.m. (Mtn. Time) and it worked perfectly. Thanks
victorvvk

Post by victorvvk »

I have mistakenly added the all the Stake high counselors to admin by calling (Please note I am Stake Executive secretary ( default admin) , when i am trying to delete the Stake high counselor by clicking red X , It just spins and spins and it is still spining while i am writing this issue.

Can someone please help me.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

victorvvk wrote:I have mistakenly added the all the Stake high counselors to admin by calling (Please note I am Stake Executive secretary ( default admin) , when i am trying to delete the Stake high counselor by clicking red X , It just spins and spins and it is still spining while i am writing this issue.

I have duplicated this problem for my stake. I'm glad I chose an obscure calling that I know our stake will never fill, so it doesn't hurt for us to have an extra administrator assignment to a calling that has no person in it. But indeed, when I try to remove that entry from the Administrator list, I get an eternal spinner. And the same thing happens with an administrator added by name. It appears that at this point there is simply no way to remove any entry from the Administrator list.

It appears that the DELETE request to the web service at https://www.lds.org/church-calendar/ser ... /adm/<unit number>/delete/ is failing with a 500 Internal Server Error.

I'll make sure the development team sees this issue.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
victorvvk

Post by victorvvk »

Thank you so much
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote: It appears that at this point there is simply no way to remove any entry from the Administrator list.

I have tested this with the latest calendar update, and it has been fixed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”