Bug Report - Photos missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Mamanakis

Bug Report - Photos missing

Post by Mamanakis »

Using both IE 9 and Firefox 11 a family picture that appears correctly on the right side of the directory does not appear in the focus window that appears when the family picture is clicked from the main window: what does appear is the standard individual silhouette with alt text of the family surname.

Michael Mamanakis
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The issue reported in post #1 is only a part of the photo issue.

I noticed that some household photos and some individual photos were missing, or not being displayed. I have administrator rights and so I used the Manage Photos feature to see what photos were available. More than 50% of the photos that had been there previously were not being displayed, yet there are indications there should be photos since in this view all uploaded photos have a position,but not displayed, on the Manage Photos page for an administrator.

After a while I did a page refresh for Manage Photos. I got a long period of the rotating clock hand. I did another refresh and then got 90% of the pictures. I did another and got all but one picture.

It appears there is a server issue that comes and goes. With persistence I can get all the pictures and the issue reported by mamanakis eventually corrects itself.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

These problems are interesting, because I'm involved in the beta testing of LDS Tools and last night I was having great difficulty in downloading pictures attached to members records. Sometimes they came down straight away, others took 2 or 3 attempts and some just refused to download. Today they're downloading without any hesitation.

I put it down to the fact that the we're doing the final testing of the app, prior to submitting to iTunes for approval. Maybe it was a server issue?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”