Private Calendar Details Appearing in Communications Module on Leader Resources Page

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lmisner

Private Calendar Details Appearing in Communications Module on Leader Resources Page

Post by lmisner »

There are items from a Stake Calendar marked Private appearing in the Communications Module on the Leader Resource Page. Screen shot attached. Validated that the calendar is marked Private.
Attachments
new.lds.org Leader Resource Page.doc
(37 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

That's not necessarily a problem, unless the person who is viewing the Leader Resources page doesn't have view permissions for that private calendar. You didn't mention who is logged into Leader Resources and whether they have permission to see the private calendar.

When I log in to Leader Resources, I see events that are on private calendars, if I have access to those calendars. I appreciate it working that way. Our stake has other private calendars, and I don't see any events from those calendars. I have no way of knowing if I'm not seeing anything from them because they have no events this week, or because that private data is being properly hidden from me. But as near as I can tell, I'm seeing what I should be seeing on Leader Resources, and only that.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lmisner

Post by lmisner »

That explains it. I have access to preview these private calendars. I was thinking more from a global perspective and not taking into account my individual access. I figured since I could see it, others could too. Appreciate the clarification.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”