Images with alternate audio source for hymns in Stake Conference Webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lmemmott

Images with alternate audio source for hymns in Stake Conference Webcast

Post by lmemmott »

For stake conference I'm looking for the ability to keep the same audio coming from the stake center that goes to my other buildings but the ability to switch the video from the camera to other images with the words for the hymns. I tried the church's Meetinghouse Webcast software earlier and found it can hand video with audio OR images with no audio. Is there a way to mix the audio from the camera or PA system with the still images?

Thanks,
LM
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm not exactly sure of your question. With the Meetinghouse Webcast software, you can select the audio and video feeds independent of each other.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmemmott

Post by lmemmott »

To clarify, when I used the church's Meetinghouse Webcast software it lets you select just one item from the list of "Live input Devices" or "Rest images and videos" at the bottom of the screen. When selecting a still image from the "Rest images and videos", I no longer get the audio from the device in the "Life input Devices". I'm try to address the case where we're singing a congregational hymn in stake conference in which I'd like a still image to show (with the words of the hymn), but the audio from the organ and congregation coming through. As soon as I click on the button under the still image, I loose the audio from the "Live input device".

See this image for a screen shot of the interface: (Hopefully this works in this forum)
800px-MHWCSHome.jpg
(45.06 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
...Or you can see the original here:
http://tech.lds.org/wiki/File:MHWCSHome.jpg
http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Meetinghouse_W ... _a_Webcast
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

Instead of using one of the still images for your words, create a new "set" of input devices (click on the green plus sign next to Live Input Devices), and on the pop-up window, select Screen Capture Source as your Video Device, and your regular audio source as your audio device. Then switch to this new set of devices when you want to display hymn text, and have a PowerPoint slide with the words on your PC screen (you are now sending out whatever is on your PC as the video content instead of the camera), and advance through the verses on PowerPoint. Then, when the hymn is over, switch back to your regular camera on Live Input Devices in the software. I think that should work pretty well for you.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
bfromm

Post by bfromm »

I had the same question last week when I did a broadcast. Instead of using the "Rest Images and Videos" feature on the bottom-right side of the screen, you want to add another "Live Input Device" on the bottom-left side of the screen. Choose the same audio you're using for the camera feed, but change the Video Device to "Screen Capture Source" which should display your computer's screen. Note that this captures the video of your primary monitor, so for this to work best you will want to use dual monitors and move the Meetinghouse Webcast software to the secondary screen. Put your images, PowerPoint presentation, etc. on the primary screen and when you switch between input devices it will get whatever you're showing.
lmemmott

Post by lmemmott »

Excellent! Thanks so much! Just what I needed to know.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”