Events off by an hour

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Events off by an hour

Post by craiggsmith »

A person in my stake is seeing events an hour earlier than the rest of us see them. She checked her computer and says the time, time zone, and daylight savings time are set properly. Where should I look next?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:A person in my stake is seeing events an hour earlier than the rest of us see them. She checked her computer and says the time, time zone, and daylight savings time are set properly. Where should I look next?
If everyone else sees the events at the correct time, then you can be confident that the information is correct in the database, and that the server is displaying the events properly. So the only logical conclusion is that there is something wrong with that person's computer. Besides the list of things you mentioned, I would try a different browser on that same computer, just in case there's something odd about that browser's configuration. The other thing is that you could kindly offer to take a look yourself at the computer. It's still possible that there is a problem with her computer's configuration, but she doesn't know how to check it properly.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:A person in my stake is seeing events an hour earlier than the rest of us see them. She checked her computer and says the time, time zone, and daylight savings time are set properly. Where should I look next?

How is she looking at it? Via a web page? LDS Tools? Sync?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Web. The real problem is she needs to schedule something, and it won't let her because it's showing an overlap at the time she is trying to schedule it when in reality the other event is an hour later. I haven't confirmed whether all events are showing an hour off or just some.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:Web. The real problem is she needs to schedule something, and it won't let her because it's showing an overlap at the time she is trying to schedule it when in reality the other event is an hour later. I haven't confirmed whether all events are showing an hour off or just some.

Silly question: Are you sure it's not a problem with the setup time? If the already scheduled event starts at 7PM, but has a setup time of one hour, you can't schedule anything that goes after 6PM.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

No, good question. But there is no setup time, and both start and end time are moved up by an hour.

I'm going to see if I can meet with her to see it for myself.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Calendar”