LDS Tools change for showing youth

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
GrasseDD

LDS Tools change for showing youth

Post by GrasseDD »

I don't know when it happened, I see now that I can no longer view info for minors in LDS Tools. Actually, I can still see them in my ward, but not the neighboring wards. Just wondering about that change. I did see something written about "certain callings" having that ability, but it was written when I still had that info available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did you change callings? I checked the Wiki, but it doesn't seem to say what callings have the ability to see youth in other units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

You posted this in the generic LDS Tools forum, so I can't tell what mobile platform you are using. On my LDS Tools for Android, I can see the minors throughout the stake. However, note that I am an assistant stake clerk, and I have that same visibility in the Directory on LDS.org, so I would expect to see the same on LDS Tools -- which I do. That visibility would be different for different callings, and may be different on different mobile platforms (although I would expect that all platforms would use the same underlying webservice, so the platform really shouldn't make a difference).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Thanks, aebrown, for the info.
And, yes, now I can't see other ward minors at lds.org as well. I must have been out of the loop and didn't realize that that change had happened. As I recall, I could see other ward minors and my wife couldn't. I figured that was because I had a stake calling, and she a ward calling.
Maybe they narrowed the list of those in the stake that can see it. Is there available such a list? And, did it change?
Oh, btw, I'm android as well.
Thanks again,
D.G.

Return to “Member Tools”