Ward Households Missing on Map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mlyons

Ward Households Missing on Map

Post by mlyons »

Our Ward Boundary and every household is missing on the map. It just affects my profile. Everything is fine when other people log into their profile but everything is missing on just mine. Ideas? Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you verified that the "Household markers" checkbox is checked in the map legend?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mlyons

Post by mlyons »

jdlessley wrote:Have you verified that the "Household markers" checkbox is checked in the map legend?

Yes, that's the weird thing all the boxes are checked.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Just looked at this with a member of my ward too. From the directory, the link to "Show on map" only shows up for him on his own listing. It's as though the "Stake Visibility" setting is screening out this feature, even though that same setting is allowing address, phone numbers, emails, photos, etc. The only thing he can see in the MAPS tool is our building; none of the ward member locations show up anymore. (Everything looks "normal" from within my profile but I'm guessing that is because my calling gives me expanded access.)

Maybe there is another thread over on a DIRECTORY forum...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

preston.baxter wrote:From the directory, the link to "Show on map" only shows up for him on his own listing. It's as though the "Stake Visibility" setting is screening out this feature, even though that same setting is allowing address, phone numbers, emails, photos, etc.
Maybe there is another thread over on a DIRECTORY forum...
The "Show on map" issue is an entirely different issue from the topic of this thread. For that issue, please see the existing thread (yes, you were right -- there is another thread on that topic): Show on Map issue.

UPDATE: The topic of the visibility of "Show on map" is now in a separate thread: "Show on Map" link missing
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

I missed the second page on that other thread. The original issue over there (everyone mapped at 0/0) seemed different than the permissions issue (reported on page 2).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

preston.baxter wrote:I missed the second page on that other thread. The original issue over there (everyone mapped at 0/0) seemed different than the permissions issue (reported on page 2).
Good point -- thanks for noting that.

I was focused on the posts at the end of that thread, and didn't notice that they actually addressed a separate topic from the original topic of that thread. So I have split those posts out into a separate thread: "Show on Map" link missing.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”