Out-of-Unit Leaders cannot unsubscribe from calendars or use stake center as location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
burtonevets

Out-of-Unit Leaders cannot unsubscribe from calendars or use stake center as location

Post by burtonevets »

1. Since one of the recent calendar updates, we've been having problems with what appears in the subscription window not matching what appears in the calendar window for out-of-unit leaders (like me). I have a long list of ward calendars (14) in the calendar window that I am unable to unsubscribe from because they do not appear in the subscription window anymore (such as the four Spring Creek calendars; see attached images).

2. We have discrepancies with the location lists that have forced our high councilor scheduler to revert to using paper because he can't use our stake center as a location anymore (it oddly appears to be listed as a location under my home stake yet cannot be chosen when a new event is created).

3. There are plenty of invalid "units using this location" that I (as YSA stake clerk) cannot remove (such as the Provo Married Student and BYU wards), but that is a relatively minor issue compared with the first two.

P.S. Sorry the images are such low quality, but they are screenshots and the forum file uploader appears to reduce their file size by a factor of five.
Calendars and Locations.jpg
Calendars and Locations.jpg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Calendar Subscriptions.jpg
Calendar Subscriptions.jpg (21.52 KiB) Viewed 375 times
Location Settings.jpg
Location Settings.jpg (9.99 KiB) Viewed 370 times
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I just wanted to let you know we are still actively working on this issue. We've identified one issue for sure that will help with getting rid of units that are no longer valid in the list of units assigned to a location. We are also suspecting that the calendars you can't unsubscribe from is related to the invalid units. I'll post back here with more details as we make progress.
burtonevets

Post by burtonevets »

Kyle--thanks for keeping us posted--for what it's worth, the calendars from which I cannot unsubscribe all appear to be associated with the YSA units currently in our YSA stake and not with the BYU Married Student units that were phased out or renamed to Provo Married Student units--Steve

Return to “Calendar”