"Show on Map" link missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

"Show on Map" link missing

Post by jdlessley »

The directory "Sow on Map" link is not available for regular membership rights, nothing displayed, except for those with administrators rights. I was checking another directory issue with my wife when she noted she did not have the "Show on Map" link, text, or icon for any household except our own household. I as an administrator have the link. I was expecting the visibility option for some of the households to be private but they all were set to "Stake".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jhowell2000

Show on Map link

Post by jhowell2000 »

jdlessley wrote:The directory "Sow on Map" link is not available for regular membership rights, nothing displayed, except for those with administrators rights. I was checking another directory issue with my wife when she noted she did not have the "Show on Map" link, text, or icon for any household except our own household. I as an administrator have the link. I was expecting the visibility option for some of the households to be private but they all were set to "Stake".
The Show on Map link is not available to ward or stake administrators so it might just be for bishoprics/stake presidencies/clerks. I am both administrator for my ward/stake and can only see the show on map link for my own household. I can go the maps function and see individual households and get directions from there. I used to be able to do this from the directory site and miss it, hopefully it will be restored in future updates.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

jdlessley wrote:The directory "Sow on Map" link is not available for regular membership rights, nothing displayed, except for those with administrators rights. I was checking another directory issue with my wife when she noted she did not have the "Show on Map" link, text, or icon for any household except our own household. I as an administrator have the link. I was expecting the visibility option for some of the households to be private but they all were set to "Stake".

The map link should follow whatever privacy level has been set. However, it seems to be acting as though the 'Private - Leadership Only' option is set, even when it is actually set to one of the other two options. I'm not sure why, as it was functioning correctly in our test environment prior to the bug-fix release we did a couple weeks ago.

I've added this to the list of things to be checked for our next release.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

The show on map link is now back on the directory and it appears to be working correctly. Thanks

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”