Getting involved

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brianrhunt

Getting involved

Post by brianrhunt »

I am not sure if this is the correct area to post this question. I am a stroke surviver of 30 months and have been very blessed in my recovery. I am now nearing the point where I can return to work. My doctor has asked that I become involved in some volunteer work prior to resuming work. I have had experience as ward clerk for many years using MLS and involved in the Commercial computer Industry for 35 years , At the time of my illness I was was the project manager for one of our company's software products. I do not consider myself a programmer but my main task was in testing / release of software. Software products I have worked on have been written in a Windows .Net envirionment with the database on MySql.
Is it possible that I would have something to offer the LDStech community? any tips on how to get started?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'd recommend that you read the article on the wiki that explains how to Join the community. That will give you instructions for creating a profile, specifying your skills, and joining a project.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you been to the Wiki, or more specifically the LDSTech Projects Wiki? The menu on the left of the page has links to articles to get started.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”