Closed Captioning on ASL Channel

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
techgy
Community Moderators

Closed Captioning on ASL Channel

Post by techgy »

All of the Church broadcast usually have closed captioning available for those who cannot hear. Also available, with the right receiver configuration, is the ASL broadcast for the deaf.

We recently had an idea that it would be helpful to include the Closed Captioning on the ASL channel. We had a situation recently where a full-time deaf missionary was not proficient in the use of ASL yet and had asked for the Closed Captioning. Currently you have a choice of one or the other, but not both at the same time.

What would be the possibility of providing both Closed Captioning AND ASL on the same channel??
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to call satellite support during the week and ask them. I think one concern would be if the CC would hide some of the ASL when signed low.

Note that the standard English audio is on the broadcast. I'd think that could be used in your situation with the proper setup.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I noticed at the end of the Sunday morning session, you can send comments to deaf at ldschurch.org. That seems like the best place to make your suggestion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:I noticed at the end of the Sunday morning session, you can send comments to deaf at ldschurch.org. That seems like the best place to make your suggestion.
Good idea. Thanks. I'll post any response I get.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”