nonmember head of household shows up weird in online directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sasgrw

nonmember head of household shows up weird in online directory

Post by sasgrw »

There's a sister in our ward whose last name starts with S. Her nonmember husband's last name starts with B. In the online directory (the new directory), the alphabet shortcut along the side shows "A B S B C D E F G...". The B's are split in the middle by an S, and then the alphabet continues normally.

If I scroll the list, I see all the B members, then see the B nonmember and member spouse, then see the remaining B members. The B nonmember has an S header before their name, presumably because the member's last name starts with S.
ldsdir.jpg
ldsdir.jpg (40.28 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Attachments
ldsdir2.jpg
ldsdir2.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
ERCdude

Ward Directory New Convoluted

Post by ERCdude »

I've noticed the same thing. Several of our ward members are from Mongolia. They generally don't take their husbands last name when they get married. All those whose husbands are not church members have their name show up under a special alphabetical category that begins with their husbands last name's first letter.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Good to know I'm not the only one seeing this. Does anyone involved with software development for lds.org monitor these forums? I've tried submitting feedback via the website before but never hear anything back so I figured I'd try the forum.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I'm seeing the same thing. I haven't noticed it before, so maybe this is recent.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sasgrw wrote: I've tried submitting feedback via the website before but never hear anything back so I figured I'd try the forum.
Submitting feedback via the website is the proper method and they probably received it. A few months ago someone remarked that they are swamped with feedback reports. It is probably in the cue to fix. Occasionally someone sees the posts here, as well, but some development areas are more active than others as far as Forum interface goes.
mfmohlma wrote:I'm seeing the same thing. I haven't noticed it before, so maybe this is recent.

I have seen this since I started using the online directory shortly after its inception.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This is on the list for our next release. One follow-up question though. Once you click on the household, do the names display correctly (e.g. Husband with his correct last name, wife with hers, etc.)? Feel free to PM me the information if you want to use the couples actual names in the example.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdcr256 wrote:Once you click on the household, do the names display correctly (e.g. Husband with his correct last name, wife with hers, etc.)?

I do not recall having a problem in this area. It was just the last name sort display from which to select for me.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdcr256 wrote: One follow-up question though. Once you click on the household, do the names display correctly (e.g. Husband with his correct last name, wife with hers, etc.)?
In the single case in our ward the names do display correctly in the right column for the family data.

The difference in our ward situation is a bit different. The non-member husband's last name is Pxxxxxx and the member sister's last name is Mxxxxxx. The household is listed in the "Filter Results" section under the letter "M" but with the non-member husbands last name, Pxxxxxx. In the right household data column the household name Mxxxxxx is listed and the individual names are displayed correctly.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Can one of you who can confirm they have a unit that currently displays this problem send me the unit number? I need some more test cases to confirm that this is fixed before we deploy the fix to production.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

PM sent...
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”