Editing Ward website leader directory question?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lorraine1950

Editing Ward website leader directory question?

Post by lorraine1950 »

I'm the Stake Assistant Clerk for Technology.
One of our units website has both the former and the current Ward Mission Leader listed in their leadership directory. Their MLS has been updated months ago with correct information, but it does not appear in the website.
How do we delete the former mission leader, who now has another calling?
I've tried to get into the Classic version of the leadership directory on the ward web site, but the computer keeps bouncing me back to the new version.
Any and all help will be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: I've moved the thread to the appropriate area.
EDDIEDOW wrote:I've tried to get into the Classic version of the leadership directory on the ward web site, but the computer keeps bouncing me back to the new version.

Which tells me that the classic site isn't the problem. No one can look at it.

Have the ward follow Correcting duplicate or missing callings
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lorraine1950

Post by lorraine1950 »

the callings in MLS are correct, have been for several months. However, the callings in the ward website leadership directory are not correct. I and the ward clerk have tried using the correcting LUWS instructions, but to no avail. Is there a way to manually change the ward website callings?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the link I gave you isn't working, I'd call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lorraine1950

Post by lorraine1950 »

Thanks, and thanks again for putting this thread where it's supposed to be.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

EDDIEDOW wrote:the callings in MLS are correct, have been for several months. However, the callings in the ward website leadership directory are not correct. I and the ward clerk have tried using the correcting LUWS instructions, but to no avail. Is there a way to manually change the ward website callings?
I noticed that you used the term LUWS when talking about the directory. This adds confusion as to what directory you are trying to get corrected. The classic LUWS directory must be manually updated while the new directory gets data from CDOL. And MLS provides updates to CDOL. The new directory is not part of the LUWS - yet.

So when you say you "tried using the correcting LUWS instructions", where did you find these instructions?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lorraine1950

Post by lorraine1950 »

Sorry for the slow reply. I found the directions here: Correcting duplicate or missing callings , same as posted by RussellHltn above.
I'm confused myself. Local Unit Website, I understand is LUWS, is not the same as the directory listed on the local units website in the "Classic" version of the Church website? I understand that the ward website directory and etc. is updated from MLS via CDOL, but the "Classic" version must be manually changed. Is that not correct?
The ward having the problem has their MLS direcxtory current, has been for several months, as I mentioned earlier. But the current Mission Leader is listed and also the previous mission leader, and we can't get the previous ML off the directory.
"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Generally, LUWS referrs to Classic. Yes, non-classic is updated from MLS via CDOL. But can get out of sync. The instructions given should fix that, but in the process will down load incorrect information that has to to corrected.

lorraine1950

Post by lorraine1950 »

Thanks, RussellHltn.
I'm rapidly realizing I'm out of my element on this one. I'll call LUS and hope that works.
"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”