Stake and Ward Boundaries with Leader Account

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
egowen

Stake and Ward Boundaries with Leader Account

Post by egowen »

I tried posting the following using the feedback page for comments, etc but could not get it to work. I did try multiple times from different PCs and at least IE, Chrome and Firefox. Since I'm not having problems with other Internet sites I'm thinking the Church servers are having problems ... at any rate:

I'm having problems with mapping. When I log-in as egowen (I'm the Bishop of the Perry Ward / Macon Georgia Stake) I see what seem to be Stake boundaries except that the boundary between the Macon Georgia Stake and the Columbus Georgia Stake is missing. Members of my Ward are indicated and I can correct and verify location but cannot see my ward's boundaries.

When my wife (cgowen) logs-in the Ward boundaries are displayed but she cannot make changes.

I'd really like to be able to turn on and off Stake and Ward boundary lines separately when I'm logged-in as Bishop but I could not see any way to do it.

It looks to me like we have a good number of members who actually live outside our Ward boundaries but I'm unsure how accurate the displayed boundaries are. I've used the Meeting House Locator functionality on a number of these addresses and once I've verified the member location, I'm moving out these records to the appropriate wards especially when I know they are not attending in our ward.

My main problem is how can I see my correct Ward and Stake boundaries when I'm logged-in with an account that has the capability of moving and/or verifying addresses?

An assistance you might be able to offer will be sincerely appreciated.

Edward J Gowen, Jr
Bishop, Perry Ward
ed@egowen.net
478-955-1867
Regards,

Ed Gowen
--------------------------------
Edward J Gowen Jr
Macon Georgia Stake Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

egowen wrote:I'd really like to be able to turn on and off Stake and Ward boundary lines separately when I'm logged-in as Bishop but I could not see any way to do it.

It looks to me like we have a good number of members who actually live outside our Ward boundaries but I'm unsure how accurate the displayed boundaries are. I've used the Meeting House Locator functionality on a number of these addresses and once I've verified the member location, I'm moving out these records to the appropriate wards especially when I know they are not attending in our ward.

My main problem is how can I see my correct Ward and Stake boundaries when I'm logged-in with an account that has the capability of moving and/or verifying addresses?

I think the feature that will help you quite a bit is the Legend. Follow the instructions in the help system at Use the legend to turn the legend on. When you are signed in, you will see additional options at the bottom of the legend for displaying ward and/or stake boundaries. Make sure you have the desired options checked, and you should start seeing boundaries.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”