Husband residing with himself

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
BruceRenton-p40

Husband residing with himself

Post by BruceRenton-p40 »

When printing an IOS for a husband and wife I frequently notice that on the spouse's printed record it shows she resides with her husband.

However, on the husband's printed IOS record it indicates he resides with himself, NOT with his spouse.

How do I correct this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd have to see the format to be sure, but that may be normal - Family members reside with the Head of House and the Head of House contains the address.

What you are interested in is the "grouping" - making sure all the family members are grouped with the appropriate Head of House and not just a bunch of people living at the same address. I'm sure there's several places to see this, but the simplest is to run a Ward Directory.
cward-p40

Post by cward-p40 »

RussellHltn is correct. The 'Reside With' section on the IOS is based on the Head of Household. Since the husband is the Head of Household it will show him in the 'Reside With' section on his IOS as well as on all of the rest of the family's IOS.
BruceRenton-p40

Post by BruceRenton-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd have to see the format to be sure, but that may be normal - Family members reside with the Head of House and the Head of House contains the address.

What you are interested in is the "grouping" - making sure all the family members are grouped with the appropriate Head of House and not just a bunch of people living at the same address. I'm sure there's several places to see this, but the simplest is to run a Ward Directory.
Thank you for your help. Now I understand. If MLS were to read my reply here I would encourage them to enhance the report to be more member-oriented. This presentation format, based on the reaction of members, is confusing (to me as well).

Return to “Membership Help”