MLS and On-line directory not syncing correctly

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
danielrobinson11

MLS and On-line directory not syncing correctly

Post by danielrobinson11 »

I've tried doing a send/receive and refreshing data with Stake with no advail. The content online for specific callings and MLS are duplicated. For example, the YW Presidency in MLS is correctly updated to reflect the presidency, but when I view the YW Presidency online it is showing 2 Presidents, 2 1st Counselors, and 2 2nd Counselors. I can't find anywhere in MLS that a custom calling was created and have no idea on how to make the web reflect the correct information. Any help would be appreciated. It also did the same thing for Ward Mission Leader. MLS only has one and the web shows the previous and current WML.

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Try following the instructions found in Correcting duplicate or missing calling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dserres

Post by dserres »

I had a similar issue and it even showed up in the CDOL but not on our MLS system. I called support and they did a refresh so it forced a reload of the info in Salt Lake and then I could see in (and fix it) in MLS.
danielrobinson11

Post by danielrobinson11 »

I followed the thread and did the refresh. It worked but as soon as I made another change the following week, for example, removed a calling from MLS, it doesn't refresh or display the removal on the web. This is beginning to be a re-occurring issue. Any ideas on how to prevent this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It does take time for the changes to be reflected on LDS.org applications after making changes in MLS. The sequence of events is this:
  • Add or edit calling in MLS and do a send/receive.
  • Within seconds after the send/receive that change should be reflected in CDOL.
  • If CDOL is updated before 4 pm Mountain time the update will be reflected in the online directory sometime in the morning. If the update to CDOL is after 4 pm then the online directory may be updated the morning of the second day.
When having issues, first look in CDOL to see if the changes made it there. If not, another send/receive should be done. If it still does not make it after that second send receive then change something simple such as the set apart flag, save, set it back, and do another send/receive.

When changes make it to CDOL but do not appear in the online directory then there is an issue on the CHQ end. Patience is needed for a few days. If after a week from the time the changes appear in CDOL and they do not show up in the online directory then call LUS.

There is not much else that can be done from the clerk side.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:Within seconds after the send/receive that change should be reflected in CDOL.
Or at least a few minutes
jdlessley wrote:If CDOL is updated before 4 pm Mountain time the update will be reflected in the online directory sometime in the morning. If the update to CDOL is after 4 pm then the online directory may be updated the morning of the second day.
The online directory uses CDOL services to get the data so it is immediately updated when CDOL is (unless they have any caching).
The most notable app that uses the overnight process in the LDSAccount authorization by position. That takes overnight as you explained. The cutoff time is 6 pm Mountain time.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”