Long Article display

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Long Article display

Post by jdlessley »

In IE8 an article utilizing more than what appears to be a minimum display area results in a truncated article with ellipses (...) and a "More>" link to expand the article. When expanded there is a "Less^" link. This does not happen in FireFox 11. Instead the entire article is displayed in a scroll page.

I do not know if the difference is just how the two browsers handle the display of long articles or if there is a problem with FireFox 11. At no time did I get the "More>"/"Less^"link in FireFox.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Well I guess the issue is only temporary. After exiting the application several times and restarting the web browser (normal activity - not intentional for trouble shooting) the FireFox display is the same as the IE8 display.

I will note that the article that I noticed the difference was the first published article. No other articles existed before the one I noticed this difference in web browsers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Beta Newsletter”