Manuals:page references

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jschuchert

Manuals:page references

Post by jschuchert »

Yesterday our HP instructor asked us to read from a certain page in the George Albert Smith manual. It would be nice if the GL app had a way to reference those page numbers with a link. I also noticed whenever there was a link to a "suggestion" on a certain page, I was always returned to the beginning of that lesson. Seems like on another app (maybe in ios) the page numbers were shown as I scrolled through the reading material. Is this feature being worked on or have I simply missed how to do it? Thanks for all the hard work to get it where it is now.

Jim S.
GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian »

I'm pretty sure that this feature was just recently added. On Sunday, we were reading from the G.A. Smith manual, and I noticed little page numbers in the left margin.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

You need to have the latest version of the Gospel library app installed to be able to see the page numbers. Current version in 2.1.6.5. You may allso need to refresh content as well if you have the current version but don't see the page numbers. (Circle arrow icon in top right of library screen)
Jason Hyer
adarou20

Back to the start

Post by adarou20 »

I have noticed that when viewing the GA Smith book that the page numbers are now there (thank you) but clicking on the suggestions still takes you to the beginning of the chapter.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

adarou20 wrote:clicking on the suggestions still takes you to the beginning of the chapter.
This will likely be an issue for a while in many manuals. We are working hard on making content available but in doing so, we haven't been able to make all links work as they should. This is especially an issue in manuals that point to specific places within a chapter. Links to other content generally work well but links to content within the same chapter only point to the top of the chapter.

This will be addressed when we have more time to focus on the content itself instead of working to get content published.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Android Gospel Library”