Annotations in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jnauta

Annotations in MLS

Post by jnauta »

Does anyone know how to keep annotations on members without having to move records out? the bishop would like me to keep annotations on some members.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'm not sure what you are asking for here. If you are talking about the official term "annotation" then that's not anything you can do yourself -- official annotations on a membership record are usually the result of a disciplinary council (but other scenarios are possible) and are put on a record only by Church headquarters.

If you're talking about a Move restriction, then follow that link for instructions.

If you're just talking about keeping some notes on members, then that would have to be done using some other system. There's no facility in MLS for keeping notes. You could use Custom fields to track some information, but that is not appropriate for anything of a confidential nature, since that information is visible to all MLS users.

For none of these scenarios is there any reason to move records out, so I'm a bit confused as to why you would suggest that moving records is connected to what you are calling "annotations."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that on a move-out that you initiate, all you can do is flag the record requesting that the new bishop contact the current bishop. I wouldn't call it an "annotation".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”