Households not loading

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
hoopeskm

Households not loading

Post by hoopeskm »

I like it! I like the easier navigation and the fact that households are now listed together under one name.

I don't know if the issue I'm having is peculiar to my area, but when I click on a houshold name, the household section shows never loads. The little circle is there, but it never loads. At the lower left corner of the window it says there are Errors on the page. I tried this on several different computers in my office, all running Windows 7 and IE 8, and get the same result. I will try from home tonight (Windows XP).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hoopeskm wrote:I don't know if the issue I'm having is peculiar to my area, but when I click on a household name, the household section shows never loads.
Are you talking about a particular household that doesn't load or the list of households? I've discovered one ward in my stake won't load the list of households. The spinner disappears, but I'm left with a empty list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hoopeskm

Post by hoopeskm »

The particular household does not load..I can see the list, but clicking on the list yeilds no additional information.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Is it only one household that does not load? Or does every household have the same problem?
hoopeskm

Post by hoopeskm »

Every household has the same problem.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

hoopeskm wrote:Every household has the same problem.

My mother's computer is having the same problem. When you click on the household, the eternal spinner starts and the household never shows up.

The browser shows an error on the page and I have pasted the details below. The computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 3 with IE 8.

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTbORJ/5.14.1.20007)
Timestamp: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:24:29 UTC

Line: 537
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: https://www.lds.org/directory/scripts/d ... s?ver=2345

Jason Hyer
veehb

Entire Ward Household not loading

Post by veehb »

I noticed yesterday that one of our Wards is not loading any household information. The Ward leadership loads, but none of the household information. This is in the Bennion Utah East Stake, Cedar Breaks Ward. I'm Stake Executive Secretary. Is there a common bug (appears so based on other posts here) or a problem with our database?

Thanks,
Vee Butterfield
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

These problems could come from two possible causes in two different locations. The two causes would be 1) the service call from the browser to the server to get the data is failing, or 2) the service call succeeds, but is simply empty. The two locations would be a problem at the data layer (the application that provides data to the directory), or a problem with the directory application itself.

Since the problem is limited to specific users or units, the root cause is probably certain types of data not being handled correctly. Since no one on the development team can reproduce the issue, we don't have the type of data needed to try to diagnose the problem. Those who have the problem on this thread can help us track it down.

Please send me a PM with your header information (see below), and a detailed explanation of exactly where you see the problem.

To get your header information:
- Change your browser URL to https://www.lds.org/header
- Copy and paste the resulting information into a PM

<shameless plug>Also, if you're interested in learning how you can diagnose these issues yourself to help us make our apps better, come to the LDSTech Community conference (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDSTech_Conference) and I'll be leading a project where we'll talk about these very issues.</shameless plug>
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

veehb wrote:I noticed yesterday that one of our Wards is not loading any household information. The Ward leadership loads, but none of the household information. This is in the Bennion Utah East Stake, Cedar Breaks Ward. I'm Stake Executive Secretary. Is there a common bug (appears so based on other posts here) or a problem with our database?

Thanks,
Vee Butterfield
I'm fairly certain I've found the problem with the Cedar Breaks ward. It's the same problem RussellHltn has. It should be fixed sometime early next week.

I'm pretty sure that jasonhyer and hoopeskm have a different problem though.
hoopeskm

Post by hoopeskm »

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. Thankfully, I won't be passing my cold virus on to you. :)
I sent a PM with the header information as requested. As much as I'd like to join the Tech Conference, the distance sort of prevents that.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”