Email addresses to leaders doubling

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Email addresses to leaders doubling

Post by zaneclark »

When I attempt to use the email function of the directory to send something to any of the organizations, 2 or more copies of the addresses appear in the "to" field.... I have used this in the past and it has worked, so I am wondering if this is a bug in the new update?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Just to make sure we understand what email function you are using I presume you are in the "Organization" section of the directory and not the Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org.

I only get one copy of each address when I click "Email all [group name]".

I am using FireFox 10.0.2 and my email client is MS Outlook.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jdlessley wrote:Just to make sure we understand what email function you are using I presume you are in the "Organization" section of the directory and not the Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org.

I only get one copy of each address when I click "Email all [group name]".

I am using FireFox 10.0.2 and my email client is MS Outlook.

I just tried it with Firefox and Chrome, with the same result. I am using a Mac with the Apple email client, so I tried it with a PC and it works fine.... there seems to be an incompatibility with the Mac OS. The feedback link wasn't working so maybe someone with some clout will read this.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

When you hover over the mailto: link, does it render with two of every email address (you could also look in the page html). Or is it just when your mail client (I assume you are using Mail) imports the addresses.

When I use Chrome on Mac OS, the browser renders the mailto: link correctly (only one of each address) and I can open the link in Outlook, Mail, and Gmail without any issues.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I don't have a mailto link.... I have this: Email Primary Leaders, and hovering over this doesn't bring up anything....
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

zaneclark wrote:I don't have a mailto link.... I have this: Email Primary Leaders, and hovering over this doesn't bring up anything....

That is the mailto: link. Typically your browser will show the a preview of the text of the link before you click it (usually somewhere along the bottom of the browser) when you hover your mouse over the link.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jdcr256 wrote:That is the mailto: link. Typically your browser will show the a preview of the text of the link before you click it (usually somewhere along the bottom of the browser) when you hover your mouse over the link.
Still can't see anything but I partially solved the problem by right clicking on the mailto link and it gives me the option to copy the addresses, which I did, and when I pasted them into the email, there was only one of each..... So I guess whatever works.....

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”