Household - Edit

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mandjreid

Household - Edit

Post by mandjreid »

I've noticed that when I first go into the household Edit mode, or sometimes after opening an edit dialog, the Household Visibility Limit line has the value overlaying part of the label -- until I move my cursor over it and it moves to the right where it belongs.

By the way... I use Internet Explorer 8 -- I haven't tried it in Chrome or Firefox.

But I love some of the new features and formats, like the usability of the edit format and the quick navigation bar on the household list. Thanks!
marenmecham

Post by marenmecham »

I noticed that the setting of the privacy of our information varied but I'm not sure why. For instance, for some reason our address was private but our "show on map" was stake visible. The email address in the main section for our household was visible to the stake but my husband's email was private and mine was stake. Wondering what causes the variation. I also posted in the Map thread about no longer being able to map addresses of other ward and stake members- maybe the default is set to private? Not as helpful that way, if that's the case. Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

marenmecham wrote:I noticed that the setting of the privacy of our information varied but I'm not sure why. For instance, for some reason our address was private but our "show on map" was stake visible. The email address in the main section for our household was visible to the stake but my husband's email was private and mine was stake. Wondering what causes the variation.
I have done some checking of household data that I knew the display status before the 2.0 release. I thought I had an idea until I came across a household in which the address visibility is "Private - leadership only". Prior to the change the household setting was not opt-out (U.S. location) So there was no reason I could find for the 2.0 visibility to be Private.

For the U.S. and Canada I thought the pre-2.0 visibility settings and where the latest data edit had originated may have had bearing on the 2.0 release visibility settings. For example it looked like any data entered/edited online but the "Show in ward directory" had not been changed translated to "Private - leadership only". Data entered/edited through MLS and "Show in ward directory" was checked translated to "Stake" visibility. For example my household telephone number was added by the ward clerk a few days before the 2.0 release. I don't know if he added the number through MLS or on-line. I assumed it was done on-line. The visibility setting came across as "Private - leadership only".

In any case either the administrators are going to have to go through each household and check visibility settings and/or household adults will have to confirm visibility settings for their household.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”