New Calendar Reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bobwertz

New Calendar Reservations

Post by bobwertz »

Two questions.
1. Is there a simple way to print or email a reservations calendar?
2. In the webinar I was told that a Ward from a Sister Stake that uses are building should be able to access our Stake Calendar system because they are set up as users in that location. How do we facilitate the leaders in that ward in seeing our Calendars?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bobwertz wrote:In the webinar I was told that a Ward from a Sister Stake that uses are building should be able to access our Stake Calendar system because they are set up as users in that location. How do we facilitate the leaders in that ward in seeing our Calendars?

Assuming that the two wards are using the locations that come from the FM database (and not creating a "missing" location), the system will know the buildings are one and the same and not allow two overlapping events for the same room.

You can only directly view your own ward and stake calendars. But if you switch to week view, you can view the "location" and thus see all events scheduled for that location regardless of what unit they are in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bobwertz wrote:1. Is there a simple way to print or email a reservations calendar?

Not that I can find. The Print function doesn't apply to the Reservations calendar, and there's no way to separate the events from the reservations in any view that I can see, so you can't look at just the reservations.
bobwertz wrote:2. In the webinar I was told that a Ward from a Sister Stake that uses are building should be able to access our Stake Calendar system because they are set up as users in that location. How do we facilitate the leaders in that ward in seeing our Calendars?

That's not quite true. The leaders in that ward can't see your calendars, but if the shared location is set up correctly, they can see events on your calendar that are scheduled for the shared building. In that regard, their ability to see those events is no different from other wards in your stake.

To set up the location correctly, one of your stake administrators needs to add that ward as a unit to the location. Go into Settings > Locations & Rooms, click on the location, click the Add Unit to Location link, and then select that ward (and/or its stake, as desired).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Assuming that the two wards are using the locations that come from the FM database (and not creating a "missing" location), the system will know the buildings are one and the same and not allow two overlapping events for the same room.

It's not a requirement that the locations come from the FM database (although some early documentation did say that). It's certainly likely that the locations will correctly be in the FM database, so this distinction probably doesn't matter. However, the only requirement is that the units in question (even from another stake) are added to the location in the Calendar system by the stake that is the agent stake for that building.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Denchris

Printing Reservations - Viewing Reservations

Post by Denchris »

I am a scheduler for a Bowery for my stake. It has been setup as a "building" of sorts to allow independent scheduling.

There needs to be a way to Print out the reservation schedule for a building, so you can post it or have it in the event of problems with the calendar system.

Also, If you are a ward member, and not a scheduler, it does not appear you can see all the current reservations for a given building. The only way is to try a and reserve the building and then it will error stating the building is already being used. That makes it awfully hard to try and pick a date and schedule an event until you know when the building is in use by others. There needs to be some way members (users) can see all the reservations for buildings in their stake. Not just the ones for their ward.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

denchris wrote:Also, If you are a ward member, and not a scheduler, it does not appear you can see all the current reservations for a given building.

Fortunately, that's not correct. See View other ward calendars to learn how any member can view events and reservations for any given building.
Denchris

No checkbox available next to the location.

Post by Denchris »

I have no checkbox next to the location, as referenced in Step three of the referenced documentation. (see below) Hence the Calendar appears to be blank.
--------------------
To view all events taking place at a location:

1. Under Subscribed Calendars, click Hide all calendars to hide the calendars from view. This will declutter the calendar so you can better see what events are taking place at each location. (Note: Some performance issues may slow the responsiveness of the check boxes, so wait patiently.)

2. Click Week near the top of the calendar to switch to the Week view. (The month view does not show reservations).

3. In the sidebar, under Available Locations, select a check box next to the location whose events you want to see.

Return to “Calendar”