Templeopenhouse.lds.org - Not responding

Discussions about other Church websites
johnshaw

Templeopenhouse.lds.org - Not responding

Post by johnshaw »

If the Internal IT team is monitoring this forum, the Kansas City Temple Open house ticket reservation system is not working. The site refers to the address templeopenhouse.lds.org and that does not respond through the URL, neither does it respond to ping. I'm on with the GSC right now and it seems to work internally at the Church, but not externally.

I did an nslookup on the servers NS1.INTELLECTUALRESERVEINC.ORG (and NS2) and there is no DNS reference for templeopenhouse.lds.org --> Did we get this in the external DNS Servers?

More info... The DNS servers internal to the church do respond with this ip address 216.49.176.176, if I put that IP into my URL it does not work, neither does the website respond when I add templeopenhouse.lds.org to my local hosts file with the IP Address.

I can get to the DNS servers @ 216.49.176.201
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

There are some on 216.49.176.33 also, so lds.org appears to be distributed over multiple IPs, different subdomains likely on different IPs, that one had 107 subdomains at least, and the actual server or box that is on the IPs you mention could simply just be down for whatever reason.

Ran the same reverse IP lookup, and found templeopenhouse.lds.org is on the IP you stated so that lends credence to a server issue of some sort.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I probably should've mentioned it.... this was the first day of registration for our website, it appears that the final touches of making it available on the Internet still needed to be completed... the FQDN is now resolving (though it is still making it's way through some systems... I can get it on Sprint and AT&T but not Time Warner (OpenDNS)

It sure made our Temple District worried, and overloaded the phone reservation system while the site was down - The flurry of emails and calls to Stake Presidents sure made their morning painful.

Return to “Other Websites”