Unable to edit number of classes in a custom class with duration of Other

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jasonhyer

Unable to edit number of classes in a custom class with duration of Other

Post by jasonhyer »

I am a Stake Clerk trying to set up my Ward's Class schedules and have added a Family History class. I'm trying to set it up but I am unable to edit the field for the number of classes. I can select the field and can delete the number of classes in the field (it somehow defaulted to 3), but I can't enter anything into the field so I can't set up the class properly.

As there is no Manual and class material listed for the Family History class, I've left that field blank. I have a beginning date of March 3 and want to set it to 7 weeks but can't.

Is this a bug or is there something that isn't letting me edit this field?
Jason Hyer
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

That is certainly strange behavior. I am also a clerk at the stake level, but I had no difficulty adding a class for my ward just as you suggested:
  • The class starts on March 4 (I'm not sure why your class would be on March 3 -- a Saturday -- unless you are in 2013).
  • I chose Other for the Class Duration.
  • There was no default value in the Number of Classes field, and I had no problem entering a value there.
  • I was able to save the class.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

I have gone back in to see if anything has changed and it has not. Somehow it has defaulted to three occurances and I can't enter anything into that field. I tired to add a new class to see if it was maybe something odd in the way that I added the classs but I have the same problem with other classes as well. Looks like a bug to me. If aebrown is also a stake clerk and can edit just fine then I would tend to think it isn't necesarily a role issue unless there is something specific about my role that is causing the problem.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Lesson Schedules”