My Study Notebook

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
lchoyt

My Study Notebook

Post by lchoyt »

I have been trying to add a new notebook in My Study Notebook using a Windows 7 platform. It won't create a new book it just shows a little arrow spinning. Anyone else having this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Yes, I can duplicate this. It seems to be a server error. I tried to add a "Favorite Scriptures" notebook and this was the request:

Code: Select all

https://www.lds.org/study-tools/ajax/folder/new?lang=eng&clang=eng&name=Favorite+Scriptures&guid=null
and the result of that request was

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error
But I have been able to add new Study Notebooks in the past, so this is a relatively new problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lchoyt

Post by lchoyt »

I have also created new notebooks in the past also. Hope they can get it fixed. Thanks for your response!!
allendb

Post by allendb »

I have the same problem creating a notebook, and also received an error when attempting to give Feedback. Following the Feedback link and after filling out the form it came back with:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /tools/feedback.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE) Server at http://www.lds.org Port 80

I was able to create a Study Notebook from the Scriptures app on my Iphone. This app called it a Document. After creating it there, and syncing, I went back to the web page, and the notebook was there.
I’m not sure that was supposed to be the only way to do it. But it can be done that way for now.
allendb

Post by allendb »

I was able to add a Notebook from the Web page this morning so it appears to be working again!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”