tracking orders from store.lds.org

Discussions about other Church websites
dwsmith2

tracking orders from store.lds.org

Post by dwsmith2 »

Is there a way to track orders (like they do for FedEx or USPS) placed on store.lds.org?
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

dwsmith2 wrote:Is there a way to track orders (like they do for FedEx or USPS) placed on store.lds.org?
There is no way that I’ve been able to find. If you go to My Account (bottom left of the page after you sign in) you can “view details” on past orders, but all you see is the same basic order information provided when you checked out.

On an order not too long ago, part of the confirmation message said I’d be notified when the item shipped, but that never happened.

If enough of us provide feedback through the site, we might see order status and tracking added to the site someday.
JLR
lyon.tanner

Re: tracking orders from store.lds.org

Post by lyon.tanner »

Tracking should have been included a long time ago. I'll start to trust the site better once a easy access tracking option is available.
lyndia

Post by lyndia »

My question is: Why mess with a good thing"? It use to be so easy to place an order and then be able to find any information you may need on the follow up to that order. Does this change in the program have to do with the data base by Oracle? Very user un-friendly. I do not like the new program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lyndia wrote:My question is: Why mess with a good thing"? It use to be so easy to place an order and then be able to find any information you may need on the follow up to that order.
What are you referring to? When was it easier to place an order? Are you referring to ldscatalog.com or something else? As far as I know, store.lds.org has always worked this way in regard to order tracking; there never was a time when it supplied tracking information.
lyndia wrote:Does this change in the program have to do with the data base by Oracle?
No. The database used by the program has no impact on whether tracking information is supplied. I have no idea which database is used by store.lds.org, and I'm curious how you came to think that it is Oracle.
lyndia wrote:Very user un-friendly. I do not like the new program.
I'd suggest that you let your voice be heard by those who can have some influence on the program. There's a brown ribbon near the bottom right of the page that says "Do You Have Feedback About This Page?" Click on that and let them know what improvements you'd like to see.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jimbaird »

all,

thank you for the feedback on tracking. Are their other suggestion you have about how store.lds.org can be improved?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When an order is shipped, an email is sent – "Your Recent Shipment from store.lds.org" – and it includes a FedEx tracking number. The only place this number appears is in the shipment email – it would be good if it were on the order page under your account.

Another improvement to orders would be to make it more clear on the order page under your account which items have shipped, and which have not. I have been trying to order "Hymns and Children's Songs" books in different languages and it has been a nightmare keeping track of which ones are sent, which are out of stock, which are on back order, and then sometimes two copies of the same language are sent instead of two different languages. Most of them have arrived by now, but I'm still waiting for a few. It's taken multiple orders and a few support calls/emails. Granted, my music book orders aren't typical.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sbradshaw wrote:When an order is shipped, an email is sent – "Your Recent Shipment from store.lds.org" – and it includes a FedEx tracking number.
Who's, or what, e-mail address is used. I have ordered for the ward many times and never received such an e-mail.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jdlessley wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:When an order is shipped, an email is sent – "Your Recent Shipment from store.lds.org" – and it includes a FedEx tracking number.
Who's, or what, e-mail address is used. I have ordered for the ward many times and never received such an e-mail.
I've ordered for both myself and for my stake. The email comes to my regular email address (I don't know if it's sent to the Stake President as well for stake orders). I don't know where my email address is being pulled from, but you might make sure your email address is correct at ldsaccount.lds.org, the LDS.org Directory, and CDOL...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The last time I ordered for my stake was back in September 2013. I've ordered for myself several times before and after, even as recently as last week, and when a package ships, the email comes.

Return to “Other Websites”