I just want to see where everyone is, unmapped or not

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mrbagley

I just want to see where everyone is, unmapped or not

Post by mrbagley »

This mapping program is nice. I am trying to see where everyone in the ward is located (our ward spans 100 miles) so I can get a better idea of the home teaching and where everyone is.

But half of the members are 'unmapped locations.' People whose address is not in the standard format are being shown as 'unmapped', like '21N' instead of '21 N'). Shouldn't this "automated" map be smart enough to guess where people are? It shows an 'approximate' filter option, but no one is under that filter.

I took one of the unmapped addresses and put it through maps.google.com and it showed up fine.

What can I do about this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrbagley wrote:But half of the members are 'unmapped locations.' People whose address is not in the standard format are being shown as 'unmapped', like '21N' instead of '21 N'). Shouldn't this "automated" map be smart enough to guess where people are? It shows an 'approximate' filter option, but no one is under that filter.

I took one of the unmapped addresses and put it through maps.google.com and it showed up fine.

What can I do about this?
At this point, all you can do (assuming you're a ward clerk) is to manually move the markers to where they should be. Markers are only moved automatically when the record is first moved into the ward. Because of that, I wouldn't expect standardizing the address would fix any of the unmapped markers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”