Scheduler without schedule permissions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Scheduler without schedule permissions

Post by craiggsmith »

I am a stake administrator was a backup scheduler during the transition period to the new calendar. I removed myself as a scheduler but then later had to add myself back to 3 of the 4 buildings. Now I need to add myself back to the 4th building and have done that. It now shows me as a scheduler but I cannot see reservations for that building. I have tried it multiple times, logged off and on, etc., to no avail. Any ideas?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you sure there are any? Everyone should be able to see reservations by going into week view. That's no unique to the building scheduler.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Well, I can see them there but not in the reservations screen. The problem with the regular week view is it's hard to tell what's a reservation and what's an actual activity (isn't it?), and you can't see all the details.

Or I guess I see activities labeled Blocked, Reserved, and Schedule Event. But the Schedule Event block is my own ward, and there's nothing on my ward calendar then.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:Well, I can see them there but not in the reservations screen. The problem with the regular week view is it's hard to tell what's a reservation and what's an actual activity (isn't it?), and you can't see all the details.

You can tell exactly what is a reservation and what is an actual event, as long as you know what they look like.
weekview.png
weekview.png (2.46 KiB) Viewed 722 times
In the image I attached (which comes from Week view), you see three bars. The one on the left is in a color, so it is an actual event, either in my ward or stake. The one in the middle is gray with a white bar at the top containing the time and building icon; that one is an event for some other ward. The one on the right is white with a gray bar at the top; that one is for a reservation.

And for all three items, I can click on them to see the first level of details in a popup, and then click on the "View event details and location" link on the popup to see all the details. The one odd thing is that for reservations the "event" title is the unit number of the unit for whom the building is reserved, rather than the unit name. But other than that, you can see all of the details. And when I say "you" I mean anyone in the stake who can see that building.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

OK, thanks very much. There weren't any gray ones in the time period I was looking at, but I see some in other weeks. And it appears you only get colored ones if you have the calendars showing. When I am looking at a location schedule I hide all the subscribed calendars, and even those in my ward show up gray. The all day ones are of course just a gray bar regardless of type. But the events have a real title and the reservations just say the building until you go into the details, although I still wonder why some say Schedule event and some Reserved. When I go into the details I don't see any titles with a unit number, just the title the scheduler put in.

Anyway, I'm still not able to schedule what I need to.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this building shared with other stakes? There's a possibility that comes to mind, but only if another stake is the agent stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Actually it was shared with another stake last year, but not any more, and we were the agent stake. It was working fine before. I'll have to call support tomorrow.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I called support but they said they don't have any information on the calendar and are not supposed to create cases for it any more and I'm just supposed to post the issue here.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

craiggsmith wrote:I called support but they said they don't have any information on the calendar and are not supposed to create cases for it any more and I'm just supposed to post the issue here.

Can you tell me which support number or group you called? I'll check into why you were given that response.

When you go to the Reservations tab is the building in the list of Available Locations?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I called local unit support (x3500). I was going to try the main support desk but LUS said they'd probably have sent me back to them.

No, that is the main problem, I don't see that building on the Reservations tab. I don't see the View Reservations link for that building on the Locations tab either. But I am listed as a scheduler.

Thanks!
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Calendar”