"select from a list" button not active - I can't assign anyone to the calling

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mlyman

"select from a list" button not active - I can't assign anyone to the calling

Post by mlyman »

A member was removed from a calling with the option to keep the position. I then tried to "select from a list" to assign a member to the calling but the button was disabled. Should I remove the position and then create it again? The calling is Ward Mission Leader under "Other Callings" and "Ward Missionary Committee".
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mlyman wrote:Should I remove the position and then create it again?
That would be the easiest thing to do.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mlyman wrote:The calling is Ward Mission Leader under "Other Callings" and "Ward Missionary Committee".

That is a custom calling, and I would highly recommend that you use the standard calling of "Mission Leader". That will not be listed under your custom organization of "Ward Missionary Committee"; instead it would simply be selected in the main "Other Callings" area of MLS using the Add Position link.

There are many benefits to using standard callings. One particular benefit for the ward mission leader is that a mission leader with the standard calling will be listed in the Missionary section of the Directory on lds.org. If you use a custom position, he will not be listed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”