Month view empty on Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ckellsworth

Month view empty on Calendar

Post by ckellsworth »

i have problem when viewing the calendar in month view.

The month of April and July Empty however if i view and week in either month there are events. Other months are just fine.

I have tried two different Browsers, both Chrome and Safari on OSX.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, silly question: Are you subscribed to calendars, and have a check mark in the check boxes for calendars that have events in those months?

In week view, you may be seeing ALL events scheduled at a given location - in other words you're seeing other calendars. Perhaps even calendars for other units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

Yes subscribed to calendars

in the week view i am seeing stuff that i normally see in month view.
see the attached images for what i am seeing.
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.48.11 .jpg
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.48.11 .jpg (19.68 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.47.56 .jpg
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.47.56 .jpg (18.67 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.48.03 .jpg
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.48.03 .jpg (14.74 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.56.43 .jpg
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 19.56.43 .jpg (14.02 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Reminds me of a old display bug. But I thought was fixed. Try turning off some the calendars and at some point I think it will start working again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

looks like that is what it is. If I turn off the Bishopric meetings and the Elders Quorum Calendars everything shows up. (have to turn of both of them for stuff to show up)
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

Can I assume that the Developers/Tech team will see this thread/bug and look into it or is there a better way to report this problem?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

They usually check this forum. You can also submit this through the Feedback link on LDS.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

ckellsworth wrote:looks like that is what it is. If I turn off the Bishopric meetings and the Elders Quorum Calendars everything shows up. (have to turn of both of them for stuff to show up)

Does the problem show back up if you select those calendars again? I'm curious to find out if it happens all the time or just once in a while.
jonejam2

I had the same problem - FIXED: But there is an apparent bug.

Post by jonejam2 »

My problem was with the option to set Monday as the first day of the week under SETTINGS - OPTIONS.

Verified that when I removed the "Make Monday the first day of the week" the problem cleared up. Reselected that option and went back to my calendar, and it disappeared again. I am able to duplicate this problem over and over.

I don't know if others are having the same kind of problem, but this worked for me. Guess I shouldn't be so weird and keep Sunday as the 1st day of week huh? :confused:
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

Hrm i also had the week starts with monday feature turned on.

Once I turned it off even with all calendars enabled i do not have the problem any longer.

Looks like there might be a bug centered around the start week with monday feature.

@kyleQ
With the week starts on monday option enabled and haveing the two calendars selected the events in April disappear.

Return to “Calendar”