Can items on the "Reservation" calendar be viewed by everyone?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kellyjillsmith

Can items on the "Reservation" calendar be viewed by everyone?

Post by kellyjillsmith »

We are having the cultural hall floor refinished and I have entered it on the "Reservation" calendar as "Blocked - location unavailable." This entry does not show on the regular monthly calendar so nobody knows it is happening. We cannot enter it on another calendar because it's "Blocked - location unavailable" which means no other wards can enter an event on their calendar. How do I get this event to show up on a "monthly" viewing on the Stake Calendar?? You can see it on "weekly" viewing but that is not an obvious way to view the calendar. Everyone wants to see all the events on the "monthly" calendar. They do not think to go to the "weekly" viewing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kellyjillsmith wrote:We cannot enter it on another calendar because it's "Blocked - location unavailable" which means no other wards can enter an event on their calendar. How do I get this event to show up on a "monthly" viewing on the Stake Calendar??
If a building scheduler is also an editor for a calendar he/she can create the event using the cultural hall. If the calendar the building scheduler is an editor for is not the one you would like the event to appear on that can be changed after the event is created.

If the building scheduler is not a calendar editor I would have an administrator create an event in a widely used calendar, appropriately titled ("Cultural Hall Not Available"?), but using a room that is seldom used. Make sure the details describes why the cultural hall is not available. Once the event is created, a building scheduler can edit the event rooms used to the cultural hall.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Or you can either just delete the reservation or change it to allow the stake to schedule it then immediately add it to the stake calendar.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Calendar”