How do you BCC when broadcasting an email message?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mlh78

How do you BCC when broadcasting an email message?

Post by mlh78 »

I am using the send a message feature through clerk tools. I want to have the email addresses BCCd, but I cannot figure out how to make it work. Can anyone help me? Also, is there any way to insert a hyperlink? Thanks as always!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Blind carbon copy has not yet worked to my knowledge, although there is a spot suggesting it will eventually. Yes, you will spread everyone's email by using the "send a message" feature, even though they might have requested it to be hidden from the ward. Add a hyper link? No. but you can always add a manual web address, and some email programs will recognize it if you put it in the http://www.mysite.com format and make it a "clickable" hyperlink for you. Others may have to copy the address and paste it into their URL line.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

kisaac wrote:Blind carbon copy has not yet worked to my knowledge, although there is a spot suggesting it will eventually. Yes, you will spread everyone's email by using the "send a message" feature, even though they might have requested it to be hidden from the ward. Add a hyper link? No. but you can always add a manual web address, and some email programs will recognize it if you put it in the http://www.mysite.com format and make it a "clickable" hyperlink for you. Others may have to copy the address and paste it into their URL line.

Oddly enough, when I broadcast my message this afternoon, it automatically added the addresses in BCC. Strange.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

mlh78 wrote:Oddly enough, when I broadcast my message this afternoon, it automatically added the addresses in BCC. Strange.
Wouldn't surprise me if the developers gave it a "kick" and the BCC started working. These tools add functionality often. I hope to see formatting, reports of what was sent, ability to save and recall messages, etc. And SMS TXT since email is so "last year."

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”