Callings gone missing in MLS but still exist

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kelchenk

Callings gone missing in MLS but still exist

Post by kelchenk »

Hello,

Some strange occurrences have been happening in our MLS system with callings disappearing.

We assigned an individual to the calling of Choir Director when it was supposed to be Music Director. However, I could no longer find the person's calling of Choir Director in MLS--not under Other Callings and not even under the person's own record under Callings! Interestingly, LDS.org and LDS Tools list the calling! Not being able to find the calling in MLS, I went ahead and assigned the person to Music Director. Now LDS Tools shows both Choir Director and Music Director. :(

In another case our High Priest Group Leadership callings disappeared in MLS (both under the HPG organization and on the peoples' membership records (according to the record I checked)). LDS Tools still listed them though (just like in the case above). Another clerk went ahead and created the callings anew and now LDS Tools list the callings twice under the individuals in the HPG Leadership--just like in the case above.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

Any help would be appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The online applications use calling information listed in CDOL (Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders). Occasionally the synchronization between MLS and CDOL can become unsynchronized. Follow the procedures in Correcting duplicate or missing callings to rectify differences.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I'm not sure if our issue is the same or not -- some stake callings are completely messed up. I don't remember what is available as standard callings for Other Callings. I thought before we only had a few custom callings, but now almost everything except leadership positions are custom callings. Also, the people assigned to the callings are messed up, and callings are appearing in the wrong organization.

I'm going to request a refresh and see if that fixes anything. I guess the only way to refresh stake callings is to refresh everything?

I suspect I will have to delete the udx folder but support is closed so I'll wait until tomorrow.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Perhaps I should start a new thread, but here is additional information on our problem, for example:

The people for the various other callings (sports director, camp director, etc) are still listed under the organization in MLS, but the callings they are associated with are wrong -- they are generally related to other organizations. It's as if, in database speak, the primary keys in the callings table were changed.

I requested a refresh last night and it still hasn't come down. The wiki says 15 minutes, but I believe it took more than a day last time I did this, for a ward.

I believe someone a while ago said you didn't have to delete the entire udx folder, but perhaps just the cdol2mls folder or something. Can someone confirm that? Unfortunately the forum doesn't let you search on 3 letter words.

I see a two folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data\udx\unit# folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data\udx\mls\unit# folder
They appear to have identical contents, but the latter appears to be the active one. Did they change the structure a while ago?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

craiggsmith wrote:I believe someone a while ago said you didn't have to delete the entire udx folder, but perhaps just the cdol2mls folder or something. Can someone confirm that? Unfortunately the forum doesn't let you search on 3 letter words.

You can always use Google to search this site, e.g. "site:tech.lds.org/forum delete udx folder" -- that pointed me to the thread Stake Leader and Change callings showing in all caps & not syncing with CDOL.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks. I'll have to make a note of that Google search option. I had seen that thread, but I thought there was another. Anyway, is there any potential negative impact to deleting the udx folder aside form de-authorizing the computer? There is a lot in it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Still waiting for the refresh. Can't get a hold of LUS either for a reset so I can try deleting the udx folder.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Finally got the refresh tonight; also deleted the udx folder. Neither changed anything.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

See the other thread titled "Other callings messed up". Apparently there is a problem with stake MLS databases being corrupted by overriding stake callings with ward callings. Not sure how wide spread this is but it is showing up in at least two different stakes, one in Utah and one in Colorado. My guess is others may have a similar problem if they look closely at their callings in MLS stake databases.

After a call to LUS yesterday I don't think they realize the extent of the problem. Again, see the other thread.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”