Sunday telephone number for Local Unit Support

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
larsal

Sunday telephone number for Local Unit Support

Post by larsal »

I think I've called on Sunday before to get help with MLS/transmission issues, but the telephone numbers I have indicate the office is closed Sunday. Is there a telephone number clerks can call to get help on Sundays?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The main desk will say "closed", but if you enter the right extension number, you'll be connected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

After entering the LUS extension # I've gone through several of the menu options but invariably they all result in a "we are closed" message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From what I'm reading, they do have Sunday hours, but only in the afternoon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:From what I'm reading, they do have Sunday hours, but only in the afternoon.
Where are you reading this? The IT Support section of the Global Service Center does have some afternoon hours, but not the Local Unit Support section. It's the Local Unit Support section that does security resets, and they are not available at all on the weekends.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

The main IT support desk is 801-240-4357 (HELP); they can sometimes tell you if the servers are down and things like that, but probably can't help with most things. I'm not sure why LUS is only open primarily when local units are not likely using their computers.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

There are 2 numbers to call into... Local Unit Support is not open on Sat/Sun --> The Global Service Center is open Sunday Noon (Mountain Time) --> Saturday 5:00pm (Mountain Time)... on Sat/Sun if you have transmission issues, that line could be called and they MAY or MAY NOT have information for you or can help. They are NOT allowed to reset the security (if you do a restore or migrate the software to another computer).

In the past when an issue has happened on the church end, this board was right on top of it....

Make sure that you are always able to transmit over the Meetinghouse Internet or a phone line --> most of the time the Local Unit Support doesn't see an issue with the transmission failing, their thought is that it isn't a big deal to just come back on Mon-Fri... when THEY are available... :)
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Of course, even LUS doesn't have all the answers. That's understandable, but unfortunately 3 out of the last 4 times I've called I've just gotten a "Sorry, I don't know" response with no offer to escalate it to someone who does or do more research.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Craig,

I've experienced similar instances, and other instances where what the person is telling me is plain wrong. I've done either of 2 things, stayed on the line until they relented and did find someone that could answer my question, or hang up and call back... I've had someone take 10-15 minutes 'digging around' that another person answered immediately right after I hung up and called back.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Yeah, I've experienced that too. Good suggestion.

I've been trying to get through to them right now for 15 minutes and after holding for a long time I just get a "This person doesn't have a voice mail box on this system. Goodbye." message and it hangs up. I called the man support desk and they can't get through to them either.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”