Google Calendar Sync URL

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Dompedrito

Google Calendar Sync URL

Post by Dompedrito »

When I add the new Church calendar to my Google Calendar via the URL sync, the initial calendar comes over just fine. However, I can't get subsequent events and changes made on the Church calendar to sync over to my Google calendar. Furthermore, I own a Motorola Droid RAZR smart? phone which is synced with my Google desktop calendar. I need changes made on the Church calendar to flow to my desktop and ultimately to my RAZR. Help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

How quickly are you expecting updates to come across from the lds.org calendar to Google Calendar? You may want to read the help section on Issues with Google sync, particularly the note at the bottom of that section.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Dompedrito

Post by Dompedrito »

Thanks, Brother Brown. Earlier this morning, I did as the help section you referred me to directed. After deleting the old and adding the new URL to my desktop calendar, I made to changes to the Church calendar. I'm still waiting to see them sync over. I'll be patient and see what happens. Hope to get the issue resolved and the calendar fully functional. It is truly a great tool! Thanks again. Ralph Hill, Executive Secretary of the Farmington Fairways Ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe google syncs once a day. So I'd wait at least 24 hours from the edit before it appears in your phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”