Not able to see events at another location where another stake is the agent stake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nathangg

Not able to see events at another location where another stake is the agent stake

Post by nathangg »

We share a building with the stake next to us, the "Main Street Building". They are the agent stake and have shared the building with our stake according to Locations and resources shared by multiple stakes.

We are running into a weird problem where I am unable to see the events at one of these shared locations, yet another person in my stake CAN see the events at the shared location. I thought perhaps that our stake (the "external stake") couldn't use the weekly filters to see events at this location, but I think a code change in February changed that?

Anyhow, this is weird since someone else in my stake CAN see events at the "Main Street" location, but I cannot:

My view of the "Main Street Building": http://screencast.com/t/Xh9ufuTju

The other person's view of the "Main Street Building" - http://screencast.com/t/jgIuKwRU

This other person in my stake is in a ward that attends the "Main Street Building" and most of their events are scheduled there. None of my ward events take place at the "Main Street Building".

Furthermore, I've verified that I can create events at the "Main Street Building", so I don't think it is a permissions issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks~!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote:This other person in my stake is in a ward that attends the "Main Street Building" and most of their events are scheduled there. None of my ward events take place at the "Main Street Building".

Furthermore, I've verified that I can create events at the "Main Street Building", so I don't think it is a permissions issue.

I'm guessing that the fix is to have the agent stake add your stake to that building. The ability to schedule but not see sounds like a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm guessing that the fix is to have the agent stake add your stake to that building. The ability to schedule but not see sounds like a bug.

Don't you think that they've already added our stake to that building since we can schedule there?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote:Don't you think that they've already added our stake to that building since we can schedule there?

It's worth asking just what units they have added. They may have only added the Ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

RussellHltn wrote:It's worth asking just what units they have added. They may have only added the Ward.

Good point... I'll post back when I find out.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

RussellHltn wrote:It's worth asking just what units they have added. They may have only added the Ward.

http://screencast.com/t/u2dA0EQyRI

The permissions seem to be set okay (although somewhat duplicative... the "Canterberry Ward" is in the "Parker Colorado South Stake").
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Looks like a problem for our friendly neighborhood developer(s).

nathangg

Post by nathangg »

RussellHltn wrote:Looks like a problem for our friendly neighborhood developer(s).
I just found the most super helpful URL in the world when it comes to understanding locations.

And it turns out, we are currently using some "Custom Locations" instead of Default ones and we have lots of events on the "Custom Location" and we can't delete the default locations. :( It looks like if we want to delete these extra locations we'll need to move all the events first, unless someone has an easier way?

Another issue is that our Stake (the Parker Stake) is the external stake for the "Main street building" and the Parker South Stake is the Agent stake; yet the "Main street building" location is a default location for our stake (the Parker Stake). I also was able to look at the Parker South Stake's location data and it turns out they have the "Main Street Building" location as a custom location.

It is my understanding that default locations come from FMAT, but in our case it seems that the information in the FMAT database might be wrong. Can someone check the FMAT database to see if the Parker Stake is truly the agent stake for the Main Street Building?

The id from the URL is 3810 and the locationId is 3810.

Thanks~!

PS: I think I'd rather get the location stuff ironed out first before I try to tackle the viewing issue... should I start this in a new post?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nathangg wrote:(although somewhat duplicative... the "Canterberry Ward" is in the "Parker Colorado South Stake").

I don't have anything to add to the main discussion, but I would note that there is no duplication here. The ward and the stake are separate units, with separate calendars and administrators. It's entirely possible that the agent stake could choose to allow only the Parker Colorado South Stake to schedule events in that building, or only the Canterberry Ward to schedule events; but in this case they chose to allow both units.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

aebrown wrote:It's entirely possible that the agent stake could choose to allow only the Parker Colorado South Stake to schedule events in that building, or only the Canterberry Ward to schedule events; but in this case they chose to allow both units.
Ah yes... I read over the help again and the listing under the location name is NOT a permissions list... it is used for reservations. OOPS!

Return to “Calendar”