"Rooms and equipment at this location"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
geekiemommie

"Rooms and equipment at this location"

Post by geekiemommie »

What if someone needs to schedule a room, like room #116, or something like that at the building? How is that done?
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

I assume you're talking about booking a room that doesn't show up in the list of Rooms and equipment at a location.
In order for a calendar editor to book a class room when scheduling an event, that class room must be added to the list of rooms and equipment for the location. Certain common rooms such as Chapel, Relief Society, Cultural Hall, etc. are added to building locations by default. An administrator can also add other rooms and equipment to a location. So if you don't see individual class rooms listed it's because they have not been added to the location.

In my stake we just have the major rooms available for booking. Most events that take place in a class room are usually for small groups who just meet at the building and find an available room when they get there. Our stake presidency does not want some rooms, like the High Council room, available for booking so we don't include it in the list.

Not having a specific room in the list of '"Rooms and equipment available at this location" can make scheduling an event at a location confusing if the room isn't available. For example, If you're event is at the Stake Center but Room 116 isn't listed you can't set "Stake Center" as the location of your event unless you also select another room or check "Schedule entire location" box. In this case the best thing to do is select "Other location" and enter something like "Stake Center Room 116" in the text box provided. You're not booking that room but at least your event has the proper location described.

Hope all this helps.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mnmpeterson wrote:An administrator can also add other rooms and equipment to a location.
Just to clarify what administrator is being referenced, this is a stake administrator. Only stake administrators can add or edit locations and rooms/equipment listed for a location. Unit administrators do not have this capability.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Yes it does semi-help. I am the ward website administrator. The cub scout leaders didn't know how to enter their activities. I guess I'll just have them do, like what you said above, "Stake Center Room 116", although I don't love that lol. I guess that works best though!

Thanks for your time!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

brendalisa wrote:Yes it does semi-help. I am the ward website administrator. The cub scout leaders didn't know how to enter their activities. I guess I'll just have them do, like what you said above, "Stake Center Room 116", although I don't love that lol. I guess that works best though!
I find that if a particular room is going to be regularly used at a location and there could be a conflict for those expecting to just show up and use what is available then it should be added to the list of rooms for that location. If you contact one of your stake administrators (stake clerk perhaps) they may consider it worthwhile to make the addition.

For my meetinghouse location we include all classrooms and even the parking lots in the list of available rooms/equipment.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I find that if a particular room is going to be regularly used at a location and there could be a conflict for those expecting to just show up and use what is available then it should be added to the list of rooms for that location.
OTOH, if it's never scheduled outside of the Sunday block meetings, and is only a “room of convenience” the rest of the time, I wouldn't add it to the list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

It's not that we're worried about a room not being available. It's more the fact that we want all events on the calendar, so everyone is on the same page! I won't have all the little rooms added. We'll just write it in. I wish there was a way to pick our building though, without having to select a room.

Return to “Calendar”