tithing for previous months

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

tithing for previous months

Post by pgm44 »

We have a member that was not able to attent the sunday meetings for a few months and also not pay tithing. Today the member was back and would pay tithing for the month's Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb.
I have no idea if I can add those amounts to the previous months.
We decided to add all the amounts (from 4 months) in the March tithing of the member.
But I am not sure if that was the right way to do. Is it possible to tranfer the donations still into the Months what the member wan.

Thank you :confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pgm44 wrote:We have a member that was not able to attent the sunday meetings for a few months and also not pay tithing. Today the member was back and would pay tithing for the month's Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb.
I have no idea if I can add those amounts to the previous months.
We decided to add all the amounts (from 4 months) in the March tithing of the member.
But I am not sure if that was the right way to do. Is it possible to tranfer the donations still into the Months what the member wan.

You handled the donation properly. You always receipt the donation for the date the donation was actually made. See Year-end donations in the wiki for details.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

The donor needs to understand that, according to chuch policy, the donation is recorded when it is received or, if mailed, when postmarked. So if the donor wishes for the November and December donations to appear on a 2011 tax statement this is not going to happen.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”