Lds.org links to Calendar, Directory and Maps are wrong

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
RomeroGa

Lds.org links to Calendar, Directory and Maps are wrong

Post by RomeroGa »

At least in Spanish, the links to these tools goes to new.lds.org , which is wrong and the browser shows that there's not that site. When you manually correct it typing http://www.lds.org and the correspondent tools, it works well.
I think the only thing to fix it its correct these hyperlinks.

Gustavo A. Romero

Buenos Aires
Argentina
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

romeroga wrote:At least in Spanish, the links to these tools goes to new.lds.org , which is wrong and the browser shows that there's not that site. When you manually correct it typing http://www.lds.org and the correspondent tools, it works well.
I think the only thing to fix it its correct these hyperlinks.

The same problem exists with the German site, as reported in Cannot access new LDS.org Sites (Calender & Directory) from German (DEU).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

I'm on the LDS.org team and have made people aware from my side as well. Not sure that will get us much further, but it's at least another avenue of attack :)
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
tbrewer

Post by tbrewer »

[INDENT]I work on the church help desk and will try and attack the issue from here as well. When we try to access the calendar from the spanish page here we are able to do it just fine, even though the link shows as new.lds.org. That is probably why the first person that was contacted at the help desk (in the german thread) replied that it was working fine, even though the problem still persists on the spanish page. Ive contacted the engineers to see if they can get those links changed to the correct ones. I'll post any updates I get here.
[/INDENT]

Return to “Main Church Website”