Meetinghouse Internet - Who Pays?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
caj36

Meetinghouse Internet - Who Pays?

Post by caj36 »

I understand that the current policy is that Stakes are to pay for Internet access in any building which does not have a Family History Center. See: http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Expenses

My STS is in discussions with FM to begin installing wireless internet in the other buildings (those without a Family History Center), and he indicated that FM would be paying for the cost of the internet.

For anyone who has already implemented internet across a Stake, can you confirm a change of policy? I am skeptical - I doubt the church would want to reimburse each stake for the cost of internet access in each building. At the same time, I need to inform the Stake President of how this will impact our bottom line if we're responsible for all of the internet charges.

For reference, I'm a Stake Clerk in the Midwest (United States).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caj36 wrote:For anyone who has already implemented internet across a Stake, can you confirm a change of policy?
Yes.
caj36 wrote:I am skeptical - I doubt the church would want to reimburse each stake for the cost of internet access in each building.
No reimbursement, the bill goes to FM. They should have a budget for it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caj36

Post by caj36 »

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did more digging on the Wiki, and found the answer: FM pays for local internet now:

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Roles_and_resp ... nternet%29

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”