Ward Web Site Admin.

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
2cre8

Ward Web Site Admin.

Post by 2cre8 »

The newletter is great. Will we be able to email out to the ward. Also, one major problem for us is that the program lumps everything together. We try to organize announcement by new lines or use paragraphs for articials, but then it just lump everything together tightly. This is hard to read! Thanks for your great work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2cre8 wrote:Will we be able to email out to the ward.

This is discussed in the thread Feedback / Suggestion: Ability to Send Email Notice.
2cre8 wrote:Also, one major problem for us is that the program lumps everything together. We try to organize announcement by new lines or use paragraphs for articials, but then it just lump everything together tightly. This is hard to read! Thanks for your great work.

I don't know what you're describing. I have created articles with multiple paragraphs. I just press the Enter key while composing or editing the body text, and it creates a new paragraph. It works great.

You can also use the bulleted list button to create a bulleted list, which can also help you create space and organization within your body text (same with a numbered list).

I have never seen it lump everything together when I use these techniques to separate and organize the text.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I've seen issues like this and that was early on in the 'Study Journal' feature on lds.org, and also have seen webmail programs (built with Java in some cases, PHP and other things in others) do the same thing with messages when replying to where there was rich text formatting involved. If one is not seeing it, but someone else is, it would appear also to be a hit-and-miss type of problem which will be harder to duplicate at the engineering level.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

2cre8 wrote:The newletter is great. Will we be able to email out to the ward. Also, one major problem for us is that the program lumps everything together. We try to organize announcement by new lines or use paragraphs for articials, but then it just lump everything together tightly. This is hard to read! Thanks for your great work.
Welcome to the forum! I have not seen this, either, in the newsletter, but as JamesAnderson suggests, that doesn't mean YOU are not seeing it. I'm using Firefox and it is displaying very nicely, with all my formatting preserved, including paragraphs. Could it be a browser display bug that you found? Tell us more about what you see and your computer set-up. Does any of the other formatting display for you, such as bullets, underline or bold?

Return to “Beta Newsletter”