Account Access Error when using Calendar application

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tylerchristensen

Post by tylerchristensen »

There is a member in our ward that receives an error whenever he tries to access the Calendar application. The error indicates that there is an issue with his account and then asks him to follow a link to report the error, but the link never appears and the browser stops working. This issue happens with any browser and on any computer so I am confident the issue is truly with his account. With whom can he speak to get this issue resolved? This also happens when he access the Directory application or any application under the Tools menu after logging into www.lds.org.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Tyler Christensen
Ward Clerk
Pleasant View 6th Ward - Unit 123692
tylerc@honeyvillegrain.com
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tylerchristensen wrote:There is a member in our ward that receives an error whenever he tries to access the Calendar application.... This also happens when he access the Directory application or any application under the Tools menu after logging into www.lds.org.
The most likely cause for this is that his LDS Account is not properly linked to his membership record number, and so these systems think he is a nonmember and should not have access.

If that's the case, he can easily fix this himself by logging in to ldsaccount.lds.org and supplying his membership record number.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tylerchristensen

Post by tylerchristensen »

aebrown,

Thanks for the quick response. I asked the member to follow your directions but he reported back the following:

Unfortunately, the only thing on that particular page are options to update my profile and a section that says that I am active and that I have entered my membership information. There are no options to update the member record number.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Tyler
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tylerchristensen wrote:Unfortunately, the only thing on that particular page are options to update my profile and a section that says that I am active and that I have entered my membership information. There are no options to update the member record number.

Well, that eliminates the easy fix. If his LDS Account says that he has entered his membership information, then it makes sense that the member record number can't be updated -- that option appears only if the membership information has not yet been entered.

I suppose one possibility is that the LDS Account has not yet been verified. If so, he can go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/sign-in/go/e ... cation.jsf and request another verification email. That's worth a try.
tylerchristensen wrote:Is there anything else that can be done?

I don't think there is anything else that he can do himself, so the next step is to use the Help link at ldsaccount.lds.org and make sure that he has tried everything listed there. If he has, he can follow the steps under "What if my issue is not listed here?" to contact the LDS Account support team.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”