Overriding Events

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
AileneRHerrick

Overriding Events

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I am wondering if it would be useful to allow presidencies to override an "event" or if I should leave certain "events" off the calendar.

For example, everyone should be aware of when Ward Conference is. However, it will not necessarily override the schedules for all classes. As an administrator, I cannot be certain which classes it should override (but I can guess)!

So, for Ward Conference, would I just not add it as an event, since I'm not sure which classes it would override? Is the "events" section primarily for events that will have no classes on that day (such as Stake Conference and General Conference)?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

AileneRHerrick wrote: For example, everyone should be aware of when Ward Conference is.
Everyone should be MADE AWARE of when ward conference is, and I wouldn't assume they ARE aware.
AileneRHerrick wrote:I cannot be certain which classes it should override (but I can guess)
This is yet another argument FOR stake involvement with this scheduler. See this post on the subject. Your stake presidency probably has a "ward conference schedule" that is consistent at each ward, and you need to know it so you don't have to "guess."

Ward conference is stake directed, so you'll need to track down the person who knows EXACTLY which classes will be taught on the regular schedule by the regular teachers, and which will be taught by the stake or ward leadership on a topic of the stake's choice at your ward conference.
AileneRHerrick wrote: So, for Ward Conference, would I just not add it as an event, since I'm not sure which classes it would override? Is the "events" section primarily for events that will have no classes on that day (such as Stake Conference and General Conference)?
If the stake does not override any lessons, then you wouldn't need to enter it, but I'll bet they override the lessons for at least RS and Priesthood for adults. You'll need direction from your stake to do it right, and you may want to have it correct before you enter any lessons after it, due to the "known limitation" that won't let you adjust following lessons after you add a mid-year event.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?10612-Check-here-for-release-updates%21%21%21
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Right, I know when it is, and I can only assume which classes are overridden (my guess is YM/YW and Priesthood/Relief Society, with all other classes on schedule).

Okay, time to send off some emails, I guess. :)

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”